Wednesday 24 February 2010

Why manual labouring types eat a lot of fried food.

Last week I weighed myself and was 12 stone 10 ounces. I was just under 15 stone before I left the UK, so I was worried that I might have been ill. Turns out I'm just not eating enough pies.

When I was working in the UK, I'd cycle to work 3 times a week (about 4.5 hours total), and I'd have:
Breakfast before I left
Toast when I got to work
Biscuits with every cup of tea I drank, of which there were many
My lunch at 10am
Another lunch at 12pm
Cake at 2pm
Maybe a pasty
Dinner and two pints when I got home, plus a samosa if I was passing the corner shop

In France -sorry, Brittany- I have breakfast, then chop and saw wood for an hour or two, then carry it inside, then lift heavy lumps of turf, then have a lunch of bread, soup, coleslaw, etc, then back to the digging, then dinner (bean stew or something).

Not ill at all, just not eating enough! Dreams come true after all - I can stuff my face with suet puddings, pies, fatty meat and drink as much ale as I can, confident that it's just what my body needs. Hurrah!

Gale force winds today, so spent it outside finishing the pond in the howling wind and rain. Belters.

No comments:

Post a Comment