Wednesday 5 May 2010

A bit of progress and some lawnmowers.

We're getting busier and busier now that spring's well and truly under way. I'm usually working until 7pm most nights now, and there's still not enough time in the day to get things done! Better than sitting in an office any day though. I'd never go back.

A couple of handy horses lent to us by a neighbour to keep the field happy until we get round to cultivating it, planting hedges and trees, and keeping our own livestock.

Early peas. The ones in the front were damaged by frost but there's hundreds more coming up.

Early potatoes in an awful weed infested bed - I will be sorting that out tomorrow.

Broad beans looking good.

Chicken ark no.1 (eggs) half done. It's taking me forever to do due to all the planing off of the treatment from the wood. Next time: "non-treatement s.v.p." Quite chuffed with it even so - it's the first one I've ever made! Just need to tidy it up, fix the roof, oil it and then get 3 Light Sussex and a meaty cock. I will be making another one (meat) and a few rabbit arks as well, then beehives at some point...

No comments:

Post a Comment