Thursday 24 February 2011

Quick update.

No photos, but feel free to look up the double digging ones from last year.
Have been:
Double digging spud beds.  This is because potato yields are greatest when earthed up a lot.  I am digging 2ft deep trenches, lining the trenches with manure (from somewhere), spud on top and bury shallowly.  As the spud grows I will fill in the trench with soil and manure until I get the normal ridges.  With luck and lots of water I'll get a big crop.
Spending lots of money on the staircase bannister, wood for the bedroom doors (ledged style), and organic food because we've ran out of our own.
Brewing my last batch - I finally ran out of malt!  Not bad going though: a year's supply of beer from one sack.
Sealing the gite stonework prior to painting.
Planting an peach tree.  Howay them peaches!
Carving more crap spoons.

2 comments:

  1. Amazing what can happen when the sun shines. Way to go....

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know the word you are given to copy when you want to add to a blog? Well I've just been given the strange word 'suckio'. Wonder what this comment will dig up.

    ReplyDelete