Wednesday 6 April 2011

Vegetable stasis.

We're having to delay loads of sowings because we're away for 8 days soon, and I still haven't finished the carrot bed!  It's all going to pot!  W.G.D (When Gite Done) I will be playing a bit of catch-up in the garden, plus last year we got a bad frost in May and loads of things were set back (like my awful spuds) so hopefully things will even out.  Here are some dull vegetable pictures:

 Early spuds looking good.

 Spring cabbages finally looking like spring cabbages - just in time for me to rip them out and plant onions!

 Seedlings (toms, peppers, chillies, aubergine, okra, tomatilloes, grapes), and some "Mispoona" going to seed.  Polytunnel smells of honey - reminding me of yet another thing on the List: bees.

 Soft fruit coming back to life after last year's caterpillar devastation, and some (5) Fartichokes on the bed on the left.

P.S.B. waking up in time for me to rip it out and prep the bed for squashes and corn... 

Gite website's up and running, so we just need to finish it before anyone books in!


3 comments:

  1. gite site looks great. i can send you any photos I might have kicking around if you want. plus, next time I'm over (whenever that'll be), i'll do you some reet-neat-gite shots for y'all.

    check out those online booking systems i mailed you, i use one for my freelancing and it's dead easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers boss. Looking forward to getting some interior photos done properly - it's starting to look very nice indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, it's all looking pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete