Friday 25 May 2012

Don't talk the talk...

...if you can't walk the walk.
Phoney builders are outlined in chaux.

One for the Wu-tan fans out there.  Apologies for any music fans also, but hip-hop is not my fault.

Been preparing the walls for rendering, known as dubbing out.  Being hot and dry with very thirsty walls, the lime mortar I put in the bigger holes in the walls has fallen out again.  Wrong sand, maybe.  Also too dry.  Dunno.  It's Another Skill to Learn: back in The Day mortar mixing was a trade like masonry.  The mortar bods would travel the continent making cathedrals out of local sands and limes and had to know their stuff - the evidence that they did is all around.  Me, I'd have been sacked on the first day of building, and probably excommunicated!

Too bloody hot!

6 comments:

  1. dubbing out? sounds like sum'ting I and I could get used to, blud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. or get some training perhaps, says your old man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. life is a learning curve, then the Vogons come and blow up your planet for a hyper-space by-pass, so why worry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A man vexed is what the projects made me
    Rebel to the grain there's no way to barricade me
    Steamrolling niggas like an eighteen wheeler
    With the drunk driver driving, there's no surviving.

    And so forth.

    ReplyDelete